We recommend using our application instead of manual setup, otherwise you will not be able to use some functions: bypassing the blocking of the VPN service, automatically adding new locations and some others.
1. Download and install OpenVPN for Windows 10 or OpenVPN for Windows 7/8.
2. Open the section “Manual settings” -> “Windows” in my.redshieldvpn.com, download the auth.txt file and one or more location files, then copy them to the C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config folder.
3. Launch the OpenVPN GUI from desktop icon.
4. Find the OpenVPN icon in tray, right-click on it, then select "Connect".
5. After successful connection, the OpenVPN icon will turn green.